Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the waiting....

"Oh protector of my soul,
You will stand against the foe;
In the dark You'll be
a light for me
Oh, protector of my soul."

Anne Barbour, 1990



This our prayer and declaration as we wait. No updates...only thoughts that wildly run as we try to corral them to take them captive.

questions.......

Is he being cared for?

Has he had surgery or treatment?

Do we even want him to have surgery there?
They already said it was too complex for their local hospital.

Will he be healthy enough to travel back home?

Will we ever have any updates?

Is he safe?

Is anyone giving him hugs?

Can we really expedite things? Isn't God really the One in control?


I know I wear my questions...so my Olivia says "It's okay. God's angels will watch over him, Mommy." oh, to have child-like faith... No matter what, those words are truth!

"...In the dark You'll be
a light for me
Oh, protector of my soul."


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words on our blog today. So very sweet of you. I will pray for your Kunming boy! I knew your story {kind of} from a posting from Leslie...where the orphanage had denied his surgery despite full funding. I read it a week after our Seth died and was outraged. I remember reading it to my husband with tears. Goodness. It's all so senseless. But then we look to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith and we know that He has called us to this road and we walk it gladly. To shine a huge spotlight on Him and not one onto ourselves.

    We are close to moving forward again. The news this week has set us free in so many ways. I'm so grateful.

    I will be following your journey and will be praying for you all!
    Kam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and praying for an UPDATE very soon! HUGS! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your post on the Kunming yahoo group. We are waiting to travel as well for our son waiting in Kunming. Love your blog! Will be praying with you and following along with your journey. We are so thankful the Lord is in control! You have a beautiful family!

    Melissa
    www.eastheadswest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete