Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God's Amazing Ways

I cannot believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. Time really does fly! We had a wonderful Resurrection Day with my folks in SC---long time since we've shared that day with them. Also had Kayla and Phil there---fun times with the puppies on the beach!

God orchestrated some amazing things for us with respect to our little one waiting in China! Two days ago I joined an online group of families who've adopted from Hanzhong City, where Xin Rui is. In the posts, I saw a message from a mom who is going there in two weeks to visit and offered to catch a glimpse of any children of waiting families. Well, I jumped on that! She wrote back to say she'll check on Xin Rui and also provided us with some wonderful information about that orphanage. It is apparently run by an organization called Caring for China and has a special needs portion called Shekinah Shalom. I will paste what this dear lady wrote to us:

"When you travel to Shaanxi to adopt you go to Xi'an and the nannies from Hanzhong bring the children to you there. You will not visit the SWI where Xin Rui is. Tha's why ever since we adopted P. from Hanzhong I have wanted to see his home town, his finding place, and the SWI where he got such good care thanks to Caring for China. They're FANTASTIC. Now I have friends there whom I know through e-mail and I can't wait to see them.
Do you know Xin Rui's English name? All the kids under Caring for China's care have English names and that's how they know themselves...not by the Chinese name usually. I will check on her and get the name for you if you don't know it already. Our son was already named P. and we kept that name. It's my husband's name too! By the way, the kids are also taught about Jesus and know to fold their hands when they pray. Its' really beautiful."

You can see why we are so excited! Xin Rui is already learning about her Heavenly Father's love! We stand amazed at God's goodness once again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is so awesome! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie,
    I just responded to your message on the yahoo group and thought I'd better check out your website :) We saw our son's picture last June, so he has been waiting such a long time. He will be about 4 1/2 by the time we go get him and- even though I do trust God's timing- it has been hard for me to think he has never heard about Jesus. That is so amazing that your daughter is already hearing about God's love for her and is in such a caring place. It is still hard to wait though because you want her home with you! I hope your RA comes quickly and your family is traveling with ours. That would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete