Saturday, August 25, 2012

T minus 2 weeks....

In less than two weeks, our little guy will have open heart surgery.  Looking at him it is hard to believe he really needs it.  However, I see it when he gets winded and asks to be held.  Or the bluish lips after he's been playing hard. The obvious gray cast of his skin when he is next to Olivia. Or the interesting sound and feel of his little heartbeat.  I know it must be.  I'm grateful it CAN be.  It's just hard and will get harder as the day quickly approaches.  Our immediate prayer is for continued health throughout pre-op testing and up to surgery so it will not be delayed...




"Whom have I in heaven but you? 
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
    

My flesh and my heart may fail,
     but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever."
                                                   Psalm 73:25-26


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. We are praying for you all. Our little guy had OHS at Boston last summer. It is a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete