Thursday, May 3, 2012

Roller Coaster

I've always loved roller coasters! The excitement of the wait. The thrill of the climb up the hills. The anticipation of riding the crest. The rush of flying down to the bottom. I have to say, and I'm sure most of you will agree, that life's roller coaster rides do not often provide the same satisfaction. This week has been and continues to be a ride! Shane had three blood cultures drawn of which the middle one grew something. then we were told that it was a false. surgery was re-scheduled for Friday. Now we are told that it indeed did grow something-- a staph strain. No hernia surgery. Maybe in 6 weeks. Infectious Disease drew 4 more cultures to stew for the next 48 hours. Yes..that means we are in until Monday. But the docs are talking about surgery late Friday or Monday now...hmmmm. We'll have to do antibiotics for 4-6 weeks though to prprevent endocarditis. I asked the cardiologist if we'd get a pic line. Yes...much better than an IV for long term. so we'll get to go home after that right? "Potentially," he says. what? Potentially? We'll be revisiting that one cuz I think I just stepped off the ride and I feel a bit dizzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment